When finding that last minute perfect gift for someone it doesn’t have to be that ubiquitous generic gift card. Making it special and specific is just as easy as strolling by the “Name your Price” money cards at your local drug store.
I’m a huge fan of the experiential based gifts as well as supporting the local community and the Holiday Season is a great time for this! Whether it’s for a loved one or an office mate they will know it came from the heart…or you really want that raise = )
Here are a few gift ideas that you can buy locally or online!
- Hello Spud: Great online option for a new member of any family! A local mom is behind this amazing company and offers organic milestone photo blankets for any gender amongst other great gift ideas for the wee ones. Can find it at www.hellospud.com or Buy Buy Baby.
- Lil’ Chameleon: This is a new Tuckahoe gem that is run by another local mom! It’s a resale boutique and cafe with classes and events happening throughout the month. So whether you are buying a toy or clothing for a little one or setting up a playdate with a friend, this is a great gift certificate idea for anyone. I personally have enjoyed meeting girlfriends in their cafe for coffee and snacks while the babies played as well as scoring a Radio Flyer wagon all under one roof! www.lilchameleon.com 29 Elm Street Tuckahoe NY 914-346-5148
Ridge Hill: I’ve been known to find my way up this Hill for various reasons. It’s the epitome of one-stop shopping from clothing, groceries, gifts, self-care and a happy hour or two (more self-care!)
Here are some great kid-friendly gift ideas to get the little ones out of the house and that they will actually enjoy…and subsequently, you enjoying that hour of happiness later!
- Rockin’ Jump: Nuff’ said. It’s an indoor trampoline park that will burn all the energy out of the kids. www.ridgehill.rockinjump.com
- LegoLand Discovery Center: It’s the ultimate indoor LEGO playground. With 12 family-friendly activities and attractions, this can provide hours of non-stop play. www.legolanddiscoverycenter.com
- IFly World: Fun, safe and exhilarating way to experience the feeling of Flight! The kids (and Adult alike) will be talking about this day for ages. www.iflyworld.giftcards.com
This one is for both the ladies and the gentlemen and maybe that co-worker that slipped your mind after tackling your end of year budgets! Again, these are all Local and Legendary!
- Bronxville Wellness Sanctuary: This one I’m not ashamed to admit that I ask everyone to gift me for every Birthday and Holiday so I don’t have to buy a massage or facial all year ; ) They offer discounts on gift cards during the holidays and birthday discounts as well. This local Wellness Center really takes your mind, body, and soul to heart. Whether you’re looking for Meditation and Reiki or a relaxing Massage and Facial this place is amazing.
- The Rock Club: Not just for the men! Ladies don’t be afraid of what’s lurking behind you (teehee) Show off those glutes! Whether it’s a date with the Hubs or a girls outing, this is great fun with a great work out. Plus they have Tennis, Fitness, and Kids Activities too. Gift Certs can be purchased at www.pinebrookfitness.com.
- See above :) IFly World: Flying is FUN, SAFE and THRILLING for ages 3 to 103.
- Along the same lines, you can share LIFETIME FITNESS in White Plains with your children, its a convenient for you and fun for them. The kids' sports programs make you feel like the parent of the year and the spa can make you look like it too. https://shop.lifetime.life.
Written by Catherine A. Callahan, Guest Writer for Macaroni Kid. All opinions expressed here are her own and she was not compensated for her opinion.
Find your family fun, all year long with a Macaroni Kid Yonkers FREE subscription. Sign up to receive the weekly scoop for families in Lower Westchester County. Find your Family Fun! Make sure you like us on FACEBOOK, follow us on TWITTER, and keep up with me on INSTAGRAM. Want to promote your events? Need support with your marketing? Are you looking for new clients? Email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org fo